Some of our clients want to transform or update their kitchen without the large expense of an entirely new kitchen. Other clients want to update their kitchen but their budget doesn’t allow for a new kitchen. In addition, some older kitchen cabinets are extremely solid and well made so there’s no need to replace them. In this blog we will show you how you can update a kitchen without replacing the cabinets.
• Paint the walls and ceiling. A coat of paint on the walls and ceiling can immediately make your kitchen look fresher and brighter, especially if there’s been years of cooking grease building up.
• Change the handles on the cabinets. This could be by removing the old handles and replacing them with new ones.
• Paint the cabinets and the cabinet doors. Kitchen cabinets take up much of the space in a kitchen. By painting the cabinets you can immediately update a large portion of the kitchen that is basically one of the main features.
• Replace the countertops. Sometimes some countertops, such as wooden ones, can age due to water damage and wear and tear. A new countertop immediately updates a kitchen.
• Replace the backing tiles. Alternatively, if you want to keep the tiles, giving them a thorough clean and then re-grouting them gives them a fresh and clean look.
In these photos, you can see a kitchen we updated for a client.
First, we started by painting the walls and ceiling of our client’s kitchen.
We then removed all the handles on the kitchen cabinets and filled all the holes so they were completely invisible. This way the new handles on the newly hand-painted kitchen, could be any size and placed anywhere.
After this, we used a “Fleetwood’ water-based advanced primer on the kitchen cabinets. We then painted over the primer with a water-based eggshell “Neptune” paint which dramatically brightened the kitchen.
We also hand-painted the marble surround of the Aga which no longer went with the new colour scheme.
The new countertops were already fitted, replacing the old wood with black granite ones, which brightened the kitchen further. The client replaced the backing tiles to complete the look.
So by changing your kitchen counter and tiles, hand-painting your kitchen and replacing the cabinet handles, you can have a stunning, brand new and totally transformed kitchen!
If you are looking for painters and decorators who can update your kitchen, then call Paul at Impressions Painting and Decorating on 0872704879 or fill in the contact form.