Painting or wall papering a feature wall
Painting a feature wall is a simple way to make your room more dynamic.
What effect does a feature wall have on a room?
It can accomplish quite a few things such as:
1. Bringing out particular colours in your furnishings by matching them to the feature wall.
2. Depending which wall you paint or wallpaper you use as a feature, this can give the appearance of shorting or making the room longer. A light wall in a dark room will appear further away, adding length. Similarly, a dark wall in a light coloured room will shorten a room.
3. It can deepen or lessen recesses in a room depending on whether you use light or dark colours. With recesses and alcoves if you want to deepen them you use light colours in a darker surrounding, and the opposite if you wish to lessen the effect.
4. It can alter the mood entirely.
5. And using the same psychology as point 4, you can make ceilings in rooms seem higher or lower depending on the colour. A darker colour will lower the appearance of a ceiling, often used in grand houses with very high ceilings.
6. Not only can you make a feature wall by painting it, but wallpaper is also very good for getting the same, effect even more so in some cases.
So it’s time to experiment!
Do you want a painted or wallpapered feature wall in your house?
If you are thinking of getting a feature wall, then give Paul at Impressions Painting and Decorating a call on 0872704879 or fill in the contact form and we’ll call you back.